Saturday, April 29, 2006

Is there Telur Matahari?

In a recent yam cha , a hawker asked if i have added any side dish eg telur.Then I turned to my fren n said I have added "ho bao dan"(cantonese),i wasnt sure how was it called in BM. My fren told me it's "telur mata kerbau",but i remember last time when i ordered food somewhere else,that malay hawker gave me some options of the egg-telur goreng ,TELUR MATAHARI and etc! that time i was amazed,telur matahari ,wau !sounds nice n best described its shape. But I was to become the joke from members of the floor.None of them heard of telur matahari,but telur mata kerbau. Wat a night...make me realise I was misled for years by that hawker ! btw.anyone of u heard of the name "telur matahari" before?

2 comments:

Auleo 奥吕略 said...

One of my frens told me
in English it's called Sunny side up.so maybe the name came from this way...

Xweing said...

Sunny Side Up is correct..

I love Sunny Side Up :-*

Related Posts with Thumbnails