Thursday, February 16, 2006

Pakistan

On 15th February, one of my good frens-Yiu Wey(si fu) ,was sent by his company to Pakistan. Well, he just got his job few weeks back and sent outstation. I guess his boss pretty look upon him. He said his job requires him to travel overseas frequently- to developing countries like Pakistan, Cambodia, Nepal, India etc. The 1st response when I heard about his job scope, I said:”wau, your job is so adventurous one ya”, Well, I was expecting him to work in Cambodia/Vietnam around June coz I will be traveling there. And it seemed I was more excited than him that he would be sent overseas. Si fu said :”I would only be sent to Paliah countries leh,wat so excited on?” . Sensed that the atmosphere was like a bit sad, I comfort him:”hey, it’s good to get travel there leh, coz these countries are now still in developing stage, there are a lot of chances compared to in Malaysia leh”. Si fu seemed not convinced by my seemed-lao-beh reason. But I do hope he is working happily there and send me some Pakistani postcard. Today he first flied to Pakistani’s capital-Islamabad (pretty easy to remember its name), and will go Lahore later. Actually I do not have much knowledge on Pakistan except it’s an Islamic country which separated from India together with Bangladesh. I even thought Karachi was its capital instead! What a shame. So I googled, and found: Pakistan is at the center of the world (no wonder stupid US ka ka cau cau over there) Map: http://www.mapsofworld.com/pakistan/pakistan-location-world-map.html Distance between KL and Islamabad: =4502.72237km http://www.wcrl.ars.usda.gov/cec/java/lat-long.htm Wau, Lahore is so at the edge with India (safe or not ar?) Various City: http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/pk.html p/s: Si fu is doing GSM system setting up in developing countries. Bon Voyage, Si fu, treat me Pakistani tea when u back Malaysia next month.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stayed islamabad for less than one day,not really got the chance to experience the life there.Now i am already in Lahore,it impressed me positively.For me,it's better than islamabad.More shops,bigger roads.

Anonymous said...

haha, i hv no idea how Lahore like.
wait u tell me next month when u bac.
hehe

Related Posts with Thumbnails