Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Ipoh Kong Heng Restaurant


Thinking of Ipoh food, most people maybe would recommend to try out the Ipoh Sprout (Taukeh) Chicken. But my memory about Ipoh is slightly different- I miss the Ipoh noodle the most.

Hence when I travel to Ipoh recently, first stop for food hunt I already plan to try out the Ipoh Chicken Noodle.

If you read food bloggers' posts, most of them would ask to try out the one on the left, Thean Chun. My first choice was this also, but the time when I reached there, the whole restaurant was full of customers waiting for this chicken noodle.

I do not want to waste my precious time waiting in Ipoh, so I opt for the one next to it- Ipoh Kong Heng for the chicken noodle.

To me, the most attractive part of Ipoh Noodle is the noodle itself, aside from the soup taste.

Guessing that the noodle supplier to both the restaurants mostly are the same. I decided to give the stall next shop a try , and it proved this theory really works!

Their noodle is super smooth and it's fully same taste as the one I ate back then in my childhood time.

Kong Heng Restaurant interior- not fully, so if you are solo traveller as I did, this shop could best serve your purpose of getting a nice Ipoh Chicken Noodle.


Served by an old uncle, this stall I guess should be at least around 20years +.

And one more thing must try in this Kong Heng Restaurant is their steamed egg. It's a traditional style dessert back then and not easily found elsewhere nowaday. Together with the Ipoh Iced White Coffee, I bet Kong Heng really deserved to pay a visit.


After meal, do remember to walk around Kong Heng as well, I found their side windows were very story-telling.

Address:
75, Jalan Bandar Timah, 30000 Ipoh, Negeri Perak, Malaysia

Operating from 9am-430pm daily

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails